Industrial facilities need floors that are strong enough to handle tough conditions and easy to keep clean. The right kind of floor can also make sure the facility follows health and safety rules specific to its industry. Food Floors recommends using cementitious urethane floors for tough working conditions so that businesses can succeed.
Industrial buildings have different needs than homes and regular businesses. It means that industrial floors need to have specific physical and performance qualities. Cementitious urethane floors are a great option because they are very tough, don’t get slippery, don’t need much maintenance, and can resist damage from chemicals and heat. Cementitious urethane floors can also withstand freeze/ thaw cycles, unlike other seamless flooring solutions.That’s why many owners & managers of industrial buildings choose them.
Now, let’s learn about what cementitious urethane is & how urethane concrete can work well in industrial settings.
What is Cementitious Urethane?
Cementitious urethane is a layer or slurry mix system made of aggregate, water, Portland cement, modified uretrhane, and various additives. It’s also called urethane concrete or urethane mortar, and it’s created too.
- Cementitious urethane floors are made to help the urethane stick well to the floor underneath. You can install cementitious urethane floors on new or damp concrete without worrying about moisture. However, industrial painting contractors might use a urethane-based primer depending on the condition of the environment.
- Make the floor tough and strong to resist chemicals and acids.
- Make the floor stronger, so it doesn’t break or develop lines when the temperature changes. Cementitious urethane floors can handle temperatures from very cold to very hot, making it ideal for food processing facilities.
- Additives like silver ions can be used to stop bacteria from growing on the floor’s surface.
Properties & Benefits of Cementitious Urethane
When liquid & cement are mixed, they create a product. It offers advantages that other types of flooring can’t provide. Let’s look at three of the main advantages.
- Liquid Barrier. This system doesn’t let water or other liquids pass through it, unlike concrete. That’s why it’s great for the food & beverage industry, where things need to be clean. It’s also good for pharmaceutical industries that need to be cleaned and sterilized frequently.
- Seamless Application. This system can be put in place without any seams or joints. Keeping the floor seamless throughout the facility can lower the number of bacteria or dangerous chemicals that can get stuck in the cracks.
- Thermal stability means the ability to handle very hot and very cold temperatures without getting damaged. Cementitious urethane is a material that can withstand temperature changes from -100°F to +240°F, which is better than anything else available. This material can also expand & contract at the same rate as concrete, which makes it less likely to bend, buckle, or crack.
Urethane concrete is twice as strong as concrete & can also be installed in different thicknesses, ranging from very thin (1/8 inch) to a bit thicker (3/8 inch), depending on the facility’s needs. It can even out when applied and be used by itself or with decorative quartz/flake. If you need more protection or want it to be less slippery, add extra layers to this coating.
Why Should You Get Urethane Concrete Flooring?
Urethane concrete flooring is a type of flooring that is affordable and gives a good return on investment because it lasts up to 30 years. It is often used in large commercial and industrial spaces over 3,000 square feet.
This type of flooring is strong, doesn’t smell, keeps things clean, and can handle extreme temperatures, chemicals, and impacts. It helps keep workers safe. Besides, it can be installed quickly in just three days, including over a weekend, and doesn’t require a lot of downtime for your business. You can choose from many different colors to customize the look of the flooring.
Contact Food Floors for A Free Consultation!
We understand that you have much to do, so we will work quickly to install your cementitious urethane flooring. Our specialists will tell you about the return on investment you can get from different types of flooring and will assist you in making the right choice.